Debate in English
■Purpose of this activity : Improving logical thinking and logical communication in English.
■Participants： Experienced debaters in Japanese or English who are able to debate in a contest. (Please note: we do not teach the skills of debate in this workshop)
■Formats: Lincoln Douglas (1 vs 1)/ Two constructive arguments (2 vs 2)
- Japan should legalize recreational marijuana (Jun 2019, Mar 2020 )
- Japan should withdraw from the Paris Agreement (Jun 2020)
- Japan should raise the minimum wage (Dec 2019)
Online facilitation in English
This is a study group to practice facilitation skills for online meetings. We are learning by role-play of real cases. The sessions are a realistic and hands-on learning experience thanks to the native English speakers helping us out.
■Purpose of this activity : To expand the working functions of online meetings, especially now after the COVID-19 pandemic, and to make them more productive. Coronavirus has complicated communication because face-to-face meetings in the US and Japan have been replaced by teleconferences.
- Learners of online meeting facilitation in English.
- Attendees as well as facilitators are welcome.
- Those who provide sample cases are welcome too!!
Dear English native speaker, We are looking for volunteer English speakers! Join us and take some roles in case studies. 1. Share a case and/or a role (email or brief zoom meeting) 2. Schedule of the session (around 10 pm JST weekday) 3. Case study session (30-45min)
- Price negotiations with Asian companies
- Finding a breakthrough in a conflict situation with a Western branch
- Conflict management